Please read the rules below. At the bottom of the page is a link to the membership form.
YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Trilogy is a private space. We reserve the right to admission and membership. We can terminate membership at any time by refunding the balance fees. We DO NOT accept liability for any accident, injury, illness, loss or damage to you, your companions or belongings whatsoever and however caused.
- We are not an alternative workspace or study room.
- Bookstore copies cannot be brought into or read in the Library.
- Visitors and library members are not allowed to bring in any reading material or food. All bags and handbags must be deposited in the baggage area. If you are attending an event here, with catered food, please ensure that no water or food is spilled by you on the premises.
- Mobile phones must be set to ‘silent’ in the Library. Please step out if you need to take a call.
- Members need to carry the library card whenever they come to the library.
- Please maintain silence in the Library. During workshops and private events, members are requested to ensure your phones are on silent and that you do not disturb the participants, or you will be asked to leave the premises.
- Children under 12 years must be accompanied by a parent or responsible guardian who is aware of the rules. Parents/guardians are expected to take full responsibility for the child’s health, safety and behaviour. If a child is damaging books, or running/playing loudly, the parent/guardian will be asked to take charge of the situation, or leave the library premises.
- Books will be issued only if the due date falls within the date of membership expiry.
- If you do not return the books/periodicals at the end of the loan period, a fine of INR 10 is charged per book, per day of delay. A book is reissued for 7 days only if it isn’t reserved for another member. Books can be renewed over email (email@example.com).
- Please note, if you don’t return the books for more than 45 days, the security deposit is forfeited.
- Lost and damaged books will be fined at MRP+ ₹100, imported editions will be fined at MRP + ₹500. Damage or loss of rare and out of print books/editions will be charged at ‘cost of replacement’. Lost books will have to be compensated for in cash/card only. Books cannot be replaced by members.
- If you want to terminate the membership, the security deposit will be refunded, after deducting all fines, if any, only on receipt of the loaned books and the library card.
- The security deposit will not be refunded if your membership expires and is not renewed for one whole financial year.
BECOMING A MEMBER
- In case of Very Basic, Basic, Individual, Children’s Basic and Advanced Plans, the membership and card is non-transferable. The book is issued only to the person/(s) who is a member. If your spouse, children, other family members, or friends want to use the library, choose the Couple/Family Plans.
- Depending on your membership, you can issue 1-8 books (magazines are counted as books) at a time, for a duration of two/three weeks. Please note, only back issues of magazines can be borrowed.
- By becoming a member, you accept to receive communication from us via email or sms regarding your library membership, any change in library timings, and other notifications that you might have signed up for. Please ensure that the contact details you provide is checked by you regularly.
- Members must inform the library of any changes to their primary contact details and address.
- Illustrated, large format books, rare out of print books, and those that are marked ‘For Reference Only’ will not be issued.
BEHAVIOUR IN THE LIBRARY
- General photography and filming (e.g. of people or the building) is prohibited.
- The marking of any Library material is forbidden.
- Smoking, including electronic cigarettes, or drinking alcohol is not permitted anywhere on the premises.
- If you are sending your driver on your behalf to exchange books, please note, we may not be able to immediately pull out relevant books. Please inform us 24 hours before you send someone and give us adequate time to process the exchange.
MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL, REFUND, FINES & SECURITY DEPOSIT
- Books cannot be issued if the membership has ended and has not been renewed.
- Fees must be paid to renew the membership on or before the last date of validity. Apart from paying over the counter at Trilogy, you can also renew your membership online at www.teltrilogy.com or pay via NEFT.
- Photocopying any material or taking photographs of any reading material is absolutely not allowed. Anyone found doing so will be fined ₹2000/- and membership will be terminated.
- Treat the books with great care. Water damage or bending, tearing the spine/pages, will be considered damage. You are responsible for the books if you share the books with someone else.
FRIENDS & VISITORS
- If you are accompanied by a non-member for events or workshops, please note that the event area is open to all, however, non-members are not permitted to access library materials.
- All visitors must enter their contact details in the register on entry, also present a photo id and mobile number for verification.
- Raincoats, and other kinds of outdoor clothing, umbrellas, bags, cases, reading material, photocopying or scanning devices, and similar personal belongings must be deposited in the baggage area.
- The Library reserves the right to inspect anything brought into the premises. Laptops, mobile devices, and any other item allowed into the Library shall be subject to examination on exit.
Library staff are empowered to stop any activity in the Library which they consider prejudicial to the safety, well-being, or comfort of members or our books.