The Contract Between Us
Availability of Goods You Order
Quality of Goods
Promotional Discount Codes
Delivery of Goods to You
Returns, Refunds, Replacements and Exchanges.
Termination of Usages
Additional Terms and Conditions
In these Terms and Conditions:-
- ‘Trilogy’ means Trilogy Library and Bookstore, teltrilogy.com (including all its subdomains) and Mountain Media which owns and operates Trilogy Library and Bookstore;
- ‘working day’ means every day of a calendar year apart from weekends and statutory and public holidays;
- ‘us’ means Trilogy and you together; and
- ‘you’, ‘your’ and ‘user’ means the person ordering goods and services under these Terms and Conditions.
- ‘services’ refers to our library services, when use collectively it may also include the bookstore as a service.
- When you register with the Trilogy website, you will be required to choose a contact email address and password. You are responsible for all sessions and transactions taken under these details. You should keep your password safe and not disclose it to anyone. You should change it immediately if you feel it has been compromised.
- If any of your details change, such as your email address, phone number or address, you must inform Trilogy as soon as possible. You may update your details by signing into your account on the Trilogy website, and update the relevant section.
The Contract Between Us
- Any contract for purchases made through the website will be with Mountain Media, whose registered office is situated at Trilogy Library and Bookstore, 1 Carter Road, Chimbai Koliwada, Behind BMC Pump House, Bandra (W), Mumbai 400050. India. Mountain Media is the firm which owns and operates Trilogy Library and Bookstore. Collectively referred to as Trilogy in this document.
- Trilogy must receive payment of the whole of the price for the goods that you order before your order can be accepted, and the contract formed. Once payment has been received Trilogy will confirm that your order has been received by sending an email to you at the email address you provide in your registration form. The shipment email will include your name, the order number and the total price. Trilogy acceptance of your order brings into existence a legally binding contract between us on these terms. Any term sought to be imposed by you in your order will not form part of the contract.
- Trilogy is entitled to withdraw from any contract in the case of obvious errors or inaccuracies regarding the goods appearing on our website. If an error or inaccuracy is discovered with regards to the advertised price of the goods that you have ordered, we will contact you as soon as possible by email. This will be to inform you of the correct price of the goods, and to ask you if you wish to continue with the order at the amended price, or to cancel the order altogether.
Availability of Goods You Order
In some circumstances, we may place a limit on the number of copies of a particular book or product, or series of books or products, that you can order. This may, for example, be where we have limited stocks of a particular book or product, whether caused by limitations placed on us by our suppliers, where a book is signed by an author or otherwise. Where we are aware of this, we will notify you prior to an order being made. Whether or not we have notified you before you have placed an order, if Trilogy has insufficient stock to deliver some or all of the goods ordered by you, or where you have ordered or sought to order (whether in one transaction or multiple transactions, and whether from one or more customer accounts) goods in excess of any quantity limits we have imposed, we will notify you as soon as possible of which parts of your order we will accept and which we will reject. Sums debited (if any) by Trilogy from your debit or credit card, or from any other source of payment in respect of goods we are unable or unwilling to supply to you will be re-credited to your account as Trilogy gift vouchers and we will notify you by email at the address given by you in your order form of which orders have been satisfied and which have been rejected. Trilogy will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for disappointment suffered.
Please also note: in furtherance of the above provisions, we endeavour to bring our customers the best value we can by running special offers, but please remember stocks are limited at the special offer price, and subject to availability. We update our website as quickly as we can to minimise disappointment. The process of updating the website when goods have sold out at promotional price can take a few hours to update. Please note that the price the goods are offered for tender are as displayed in the Cart
Quality of Goods
We only sell genuine, new, unused products. We do not sell pre-read books or secondhand books. We do not sell pirated books. Each product goes through three leves of checks before it is shipped to you. Having said that, some books published by smaller independent publishers are lacking in quality; the paper and printing might not be upto current standards. These books typically suffer de-colouration, dust marks, shelf wear and tear, knocked edges and spines. However, be assured, these books are not used books, the spine is not cracked. They are just not stored properly at the publishers warehouse. Over the years we have had no option but to sensitise our readers to this probem.
Promotional Discount Codes
We may occasionally offer discount codes to customers. Discount codes are exclusive of postage and packaging and can only be used once per person with one discount code to be used per transaction. Discount codes cannot be used with any other voucher, coupon or offer. Discount codes can only be used at time of purchase and not retrospectively. Discount codes can only be used on teltrilogy.com and not in the Trilogy store offline. Discounts do not apply to Library Memberships, Gift cards or Magazine Subscriptions and some products as you will notice while shopping. They also do not apply to any partner sites. We reserve the right to withdraw codes or modify/limit their scope and validity at any time.
All discount codes are subject to their own Terms and Conditions which will be issued at the time of releasing the code.
Delivery of Goods to You
- Trilogy will post, or arrange a courier on your behalf, for the goods ordered by you to the person and address you give Trilogy at the time you make your order. For goods delivered outside of India, the consignee (ie the person to whom the consignment is sent) will be the declarant and importer into the country for which the consignment is destined. The consignee will be responsible for both customs clearance and payment of customs duties and local taxes where required.
- Delivery will be made as soon as possible after your order is accepted and in any event within 30 days of dispatch of the order. All delivery times quoted on the website are estimates only, based on availability, normal processing and delivery companies.
- You will become the owner of the goods you have ordered when the goods are dispatched to you from our store or distribution centre.
Returns, refunds, replacements and exchanges.
Our online and offline store has a strict no returns and no exchange policy. Our policy protects us against any misuse of our website. It is extremely important to us that you receive the books you ordered and that they reach you in perfect condition.
But in case the book(s) you receive are not according to your order or if they are damaged please follow these steps to help us remedy the situation:
- Wrong book received. In case you receive a book that you have not ordered, get in touch with us as soon as you get the book(s) via the Customer Service Form. Please return the book to us and we will rectify our mistake and send the book you had ordered. You will have to pay for return postage, which we will credit to your Trilogy account to use for future purchases.
- Damaged copy received. In case you received a book that is damaged, please get in touch with us immediately, in any case no later than within 1 day of receiving the package. Please use the Customer Service Form to log your complaint with photos of the damaged parts of the book and the outer packaging. This helps us assess how the book got damaged in transit and we can improve the packaging for future shipments. Once we receive your complaint we will be in touch to remedy the situation in the best way possible. We can either replace the book or offer a refund for the purchase price.
- Exchange of books. We do not allow the exchange of books purchased from our online or offline store under any circumstance.
If you are ordering goods for delivery outside of India, please note that your consignment may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once the goods reach the country of destination. Any such charges levied in relation to customs clearance must be borne by you. It is accepted by you that Trilogy has no control over additional charges in relation to customs clearance. Trilogy recommend that you check with your local customs officials or post office for more information regarding importation taxes/duties that may be applicable to your online order.
Trilogy operate a complaints handling procedure which is used to try to resolve disputes when they first arise. If you have a complaint, please contact us through our Customer Service Form.
This is as follows:
- If the goods Trilogy delivers are not what you ordered or are damaged or defective or the delivery is of an incorrect quantity, Trilogy shall have no liability to you unless you notify Trilogy of the problem, in writing using our online Customer Support Form within 1 day of the delivery of goods in question.
- If you do not receive goods ordered by you within 30 days of the date on which they were dispatched to you, Trilogy shall have no liability to you unless you notify Trilogy in writing by using our Customer Service Form of the problem within 40 days of the date on which the goods were dispatched to you.
- If you notify a problem to Trilogy under this condition, Trilogys only obligation will be, at its option, to make good any shortage or non-delivery; to replace or repair any goods that are damaged or defective; or to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question. Typically, the amount will be refunded as an e-coupon in your account which can be redeemed for future purchases. In case you would like to receive the amount in your bank account you will have to share your bank details and give us 7 business days to complete the transaction.
- Trilogy will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of any problem you notify to Trilogy under this condition and Trilogy shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question under paragraph (c) above.
Nothing in this contract creates any right which is enforceable by any person who is not a party to the contract.
Our website may contain hyperlinks. These hyperlinks connect you to sites of other organisations which are not our responsibility. We have used our reasonable endeavours in preparing our own website and the information included in it is done so in good faith. However, we have no control over any of the information you can access via other websites. Therefore, no mention of any organisation, company or individual to which our website is linked shall imply any approval or warranty as to the standing and capability of any such organisations, company or individual on the part of Trilogy.
The nature of Internet communications means that your communications may be susceptible to data corruption, interception and delays. Trilogy shall not be responsible for any detrimental reliance you place on this website or its contents.
Trilogy is providing this site and its contents (including any downloadable data or software) on an ‘as is’ basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this site or its contents and disclaims all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. In addition, Trilogy makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness or suitability for any particular purpose of the information and related graphics published in this site or that any software or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components.
The information contained in this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. All liability of Trilogy howsoever arising for any such inaccuracies or errors is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
Neither Trilogy nor any of its owners, authorised persons, employees or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this site in any way. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.
Termination of Use
Trilogy shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver goods you have ordered or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to goods delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond its reasonable control.
All design, text, graphics and the selection or arrangement thereof are the copyright of Trilogy, or of other copyright owners. Permission is granted to electronically copy and print in hard copy portions of this site for the sole purpose of placing an order with Trilogy. Any other use of materials on this site (including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above and modification, distribution, or republication) without the prior written permission of Trilogy is strictly prohibited.
Trilogy and the its logo are registered trade marks belonging to Mountain Media. All other trade marks, product names and company names or logos used in this site are the property of their respective owners. No permission is given by Trilogy in respect of the use of its or any such other trade marks, product names, titles or logos and such use may constitute an infringement of the holder’s rights.
If any part of these conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which Trilogy excludes its liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
The contract between us will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws in India, and the courts in Mumbai will have jurisdiction to resolve any disputes between us.
Any Claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis and shall not be consolidated with any Claim of any other party whether through class action proceedings, class arbitration proceedings or otherwise.
Furthermore, you are solely responsible for your interactions with other Users. Trilogy reserves the right, but has no obligation, to become involved in any way with disputes between you and other Users for our services.
Additional Terms and Conditions
- Library Rules: https://www.teltrilogy.com/libraryrules (also accessible via a link on the bottom of the Teltrilogy.com Site pages)
- Copyright Policy: https://www.teltrilogy.com/copyright-policy (also accessible via a link on the bottom of the Teltrilogy.com Site pages)
These Terms and Conditions, together with the current Trilogy website prices, delivery details and Trilogy contact details, set out the whole of our agreement relating to the supply of the goods to you by Trilogy. These Terms and Conditions cannot be varied except in writing signed by an authorised person form Trilogy. In particular nothing said by any sales person on behalf of Trilogy should be understood as a variation of these Terms and Conditions or as an authorised representation about the nature or quality of any goods offered for sale by Trilogy. Trilogy shall have no liability for any such representation being untrue or misleading.
These terms were last revised on May 27, 2020.